This course builds on Level 1 by adding 45 minutes of new massage techniques, reinforcing all Level 1 material, and introducing students to the fundamentals of Ayurveda, the ancient Indian healing system and sister science to yoga. Level 2 teaches students practical, hands-on methods for customizing the massage holistically in order to deepen the therapeutic quality of their practice. As students learn the fundamentals of Ayurvedic principles and the three mind-body constitutions (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha), they will apply these concepts to craft highly customized massages that address physical needs, enhance client relationships, and create a unique massage experience. Learning how to give massage with ones’ knees will help to reduce reliance on hands and thumbs and facilitate deep pressure massage.
Level 2 Foundations in Thai Massage focuses on:
- Reinforcing and deepening the application of Level 1 postures;
- Adding 45 minutes of new techniques to treat areas of greater need such as the shoulders, neck,
- back, and hamstrings;
- Using the knees as a new touch technique and massage tool;
- Applying Ayurveda to help create a highly customized and holistic massage;
- Determining a client’s Ayurvedic constitution; and
- Building client relationships—the key to a successful business.
Saturday, December 14th, 9:00am – 6:00pm; and
Sunday, December 15th, 9:00am – 6:00pm
Over the past fourteen years Shai has taught Thai Massage at some of the largest yoga centers in the world including the Kripalu Center and Omega Institute. He has authored or co-authored 14 manuals and books on the practice of Thai Massage, trained over 2500 practitioners and 100 teachers in this healing art. As the founder of the Still Light Centre he brings a passionate and calm approach to his teaching that can bring out the Thai master in anyone. He believes that compassionate touch is our birthright.
Learn more at Still Light Centre.